CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

I had the best intentions of doing this 'blog' thing on a regular basis but I decided that I'm intimidated. It's not that I feel like it has to be perfect or profound or anything but I do want it to be worth reading and most of my life is boring enough that it really isn't worth sharing. However, I do want to tell you about our last 'B.O.M.B.' club meeting. The 'BOMB' club is a club Bob and I started with our 5 oldest grandkids (Book Of Mormon ,Bible, get it ? You have to be able to read to be a member). We give the kids an assignment to read or study in the scriptures, then we meet and discuss it and then we do something fun. In March we had a discussion with pictures on the atonement. We were sooo pleased with how much our grandchildren knew and understood! Then Bob bore his testimony which was something the kids haven't heard (for awhile)and the spirit was so strong! Then we loaded up the 4-wheelers and went to Elberta 4-wheeling. We brought along more of the family for this fun trip and we all had a blast! (Abbie will add pictures later) Bob and think we have the cutest, smartest grandkids EVER!

4 comments:

Robby said...

That sounds like a really fun idea to get them involved in the scriptures! They're lucky to have such amazing grandparents.

Mitchell Family said...

I wish my kids could read!!! I think it's so neat that they get to see that side of Dad. We all know that doesn't happen often. You guys are so great, these kids really are lucky to have you both! Oh and you definitely have the cutest grandkids!

April said...

You do have the cutest and the smartest grandkids ever! I be Tanner was the biggest knowitall ever! He is ever fhe and at nighttime scripture reading. His teachers tell me he is like that on Sunday too. Oh well, I am glad he is listening. I am glad you and dad do this club. Saebra will get to join soon. She is reading better everyday!

Ashlee said...

I didn't know dad bore his testimony- I'm SO glad the kids had that experience! I love your BOMB club! It's such a good way to make the scriptures fun and shows our kids how important the Gospel and scriptures are to you. Oh, and about blogging- have you read some of my posts? RANDOM and LONG- who cares?!