CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

It's all new to me

I've been viewing the blogs of my children and others occasionally and have thoroughly enjoyed, laughed and cried over them at various times. It's interesting to me that many people write on a blog things they would probably never say out loud or at least not in front of a crowd. I think that's a good thing and I decided I wanted a blog of my own.
The one thing I enjoy about getting older is that I don't worry as much about what others think as I did when I was young. They talked about this on Oprah awhile back. It seems that when you hit your 50's you have a different mindset, it's not as important to you if you have a fancy car or other things that you once thought were important. Though I've always felt the family came 1st, it's obvious to me that the gospel of Jesus Christ and my family ARE my life and I love them more than words can say. Do I still want nice cars and things? Duh! Who doesn't? But do I need or dream of a Lexus or BMW-no. I'm happy with my Mazda and Bob's old truck at least for now.

4 comments:

The O'Briens said...

We're SO excited to hear all of the things that you wouldn't have typically said out loud! :) We love you.

Kyle Peterson said...

Welcome to the blog world. Haven't seen you in some time, hope everything is doing well. We have a blog too, you can see it at kpxfamily.blogspot.com

Will keep in touch,

Kyle

April said...

I didnt know you got your blog going. I am excited to see what you blog about.

Ashlee said...

Way to get with times, mom! It took me a while, too. I can't wait to hear what thought and words of wisdom you'll share with us! And I'm thinking even in my 30's and after a scary year with my baby, those "other things" are just things!!!